Brochure Type: Latin America Luxury Gold 2021
A continent rich in natural wonders, historic cities and imposing monuments, you've made it to South America. With imposing mountain ranges, ethereal waters and an exotic wildness, it is little surprise this enchanting part of the world is also known as the 'land of poets', its sweeping landscapes having influenced the works of Pablo Neruda and Gabriela Mistral. From this wondrous palette, we've fashioned a harmonious holiday, steeped in opulence and layered in the Latin way of life. From Sugarloaf cityscapes to the thundering chasm of the Devil's Throat and Incan ruins, you'll experience the best of South America.
- Santiago: At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Santiago: Visit Kingston Family Winery, a small boutique winery located in Casablanca Valley for an introduction to and tasting of their exquisite wines.
- Buenos Aires: Enjoy dinner at Piegari Carnes.
- Buenos Aires: Savour a delicious meal, and enjoy fabulous live music, solo singers and a breathtaking display of authentic tango at Rojo Tango.
- Estancia: Get a taste of gaucho life with a delicious asado Highlight Lunch.
- Rio de Janeiro: Settle in with a Highlight Dinner at a traditional Brazilian steakhouse.
- Rio de Janeiro: Indulge in a classic Highlight Lunch amid a lavish setting at the century-old Confeitaria Colombo.
- Rio de Janeiro: Your Farewell Celebration Dinner is served at the French-Brazilian E'toile Restaurant. Enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean from the 26th floor as you toast to your journey.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 3 Lunches with wine and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Santiago: Meet a Local Expert for an in-depth city exploration before sitting down to an included lunch.
- Buenos Aires: With a Local Expert, your comprehensive city exploration includes a visit to the splendid Belle Epoque Teatro Colon.
- Iguassu Falls: Join a Local Expert for a spectacular walk past thundering curtains of water and misty rainbows on both Brazilian and Argentinian sides of the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: Experience sightseeing with a Local Expert and a cable car journey to the lofty heights of Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Rio de Janeiro: Partake in a stunning show of extravagant costumes and enthralling music, songs and dances at Ginga Tropical.
- Rio de Janeiro: Journey up Corcovado Hill to the open arms of Christ the Redeemer and magnificent views over the legendary bay.
- Santiago: The Mandarin Oriental Santiago is known as one of the most luxurious hotels in Santiago. It is located in the exclusive neighbourhood of Las Condes and offers spectacular rooms and award-winning restaurants.
- Buenos Aires: Distinguishable by its architecture and decor, the Alvear Palace Hotel is a hallmark of world class hotels.
- Iguassu: The luxurious Belmond das Cataratas is the only hotel inside the National Park and sits alongside the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: With a prime location overlooking Copacabana Beach, the iconic Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an unforgettable stay in timeless luxury.
- Rio de Janeiro: Go behind the scenes of one of the most important theatres in Brazil with a private guided tour of the Municipal Theater of Rio de Janeiro. Located in the Centro district of Rio, this opera house was built at the beginning of the twentieth century and considered to be one of the most beautiful in the country.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (631) 757-8500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15519794
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Chile||Welcome to Chile.: On arrival at Santiago International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your luxurious hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago (Deluxe Room).
|Day 2||Santiago||The Sights of Santiago.: Meet a Local Expert for an in-depth city exploration before sitting down to an included lunch. Your evening is at leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 3||Santiago||Valparaiso and Wine Country.: Travel to the UNESCO-listed port of Valparaiso. Visit the boutique Kingston Family Winery in the Casablanca Valley for a local wine tasting. Return to Santiago for the evening. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 4||Buenos Aires||Fly to Buenos Aires.: Enjoy a leisurely morning before flying to Buenos Aires, where you'll spend the next couple of days. This evening, taste famed Argentinean beef, a local specialty, during a Highlight Dinner with wine at Piegari Carnes. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Alvear Palace Hotel, Buenos Aires.
|Day 5||Buenos Aires||Beautiful Buenos Aires.: Get to know Buenos Aires with a Local Expert as you explore the neighborhoods of Palermo, San Telmo and Recoleta. View the balcony made famous by Eva Peron, the former First Lady of Argentina, and walk the colourful streets of La Boca. Visit Teatro Colon, the main opera house in Buenos Aires and considered one of the ten best opera houses in the world. Acoustically it is thought to be among the five best concert venues in the world. Experience an electrifying evening of live music, singers and dancers at Rojo Tango during your Highlight Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos||Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos.: Experience a traditional Argentinian Estancia. Get a taste of the life of an Argentinian gaucho, or cowboy as you are served a delicious asado Highlight Lunch. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 7||Iguassu||The Falls of Iguassu.: Fly to Iguassu Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Venture to the Argentinean side of the falls to see the unfathomable Devil's Throat with your Local Expert. Dinner is served at your luxurious resort, the only hotel inside the Brazilian Iguassu National Park, where you'll choose from a selection of traditional Brazilian barbecue or international cuisine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, Iguassu.
|Day 8||Iguassu Falls||The 'Great Waters' of Iguassu Falls.: Wake up inside the park and beat the crowds. Join a Local Expert for a walk on the Brazilian side of the falls, where you'll witness panoramic views of San Martin Island and visit incredible Bird Park, which provides shelter for over a thousand birds, butterflies and reptiles from across South America. (Breakfast)|
|Day 9||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro, City of Sea and Samba.: Fly to vibrant Rio de Janeiro and transfer to your hotel on iconic Copacabana Beach, famous for its three-mile stretch of golden sand and bustling energy. Settle into the local way of life, with a Highlight Dinner at a traditional Brazilian steakhouse. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 10||Rio de Janeiro||Exploring Rio de Janeiro.: Join a Local Expert on a cable car to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain. Savour a Highlight Lunch at Confeitaria Colombo. Go behind the scenes of one of the most important theatres in Brazil with a private guided tour of Rio's Municipal theatre. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 11||Rio de Janeiro||A Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.: Join your Local Expert on a train ride up Corcovado Hill to Christ the Redeemer, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and modern wonder of the world. Toast your journey over a remarkable Celebration Dinner at the exceptional E'toile Restaurant, a French-Brazilian restaurant with breathtaking views of the ocean from the 26th floor. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 12||Rio de Janeiro||Depart Rio de Janeiro.: A private transfer will take you to the Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport, locally known as Galeao International. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Santiago - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls - Rio de Janeiro and require purchase of round trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities (ticket number required). If flying with another airline between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities, the above prices will be higher. This trip experiences high elevations, we recommend guests with preexisting medical conditions talk with a doctor prior to travel. (5) Chairman's Collection: These dates are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class