Boston, Cape Cod & The Islands with Canada & New England Cruise Ocean View Cabin (Summer 2020)
Brochure Type: 2020 USA & Canada
There's a sense of nautical charm in this unique part of the world. Coincidentally, shaped like a fish-hook, you'll be mesmerised by New England's chic waterfronts, sailing history and summer playgrounds. From stepping onboard an 80-foot schooner in Newport, to trying regional delicacies in Cape Cod, this mouth-watering trip will not only tempt your taste buds, but leave you longing for a move to the coast. SHIPBOARD CREDIT WITH ROOM UPGARDE BOOK BY 28 FEB 2020.
- North Falmouth: Join your Travel Director and celebrate the culmination of your journey with wine and classic New England cuisine.
- Cape Cod: Meet a local farmer and taste the goodness of the all-American cranberry fruit at a working cranberry bog.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L), 7 Dinners (D) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Newport: Get a unique view of this coastal destination from the water aboard a traditional gaff-rigged schooner. Accompanied by a local sailing expert, they'll show you the key sights in this picturesque setting.
- New Bedford: With a Local Expert, journey back to the great age of Moby Dick and castaway crews from around the globe, at the engaging New Bedford Whaling Museum.
- Boston: The Hyatt Regency Boston offers an energizing stay and is just steps away from nearby attractions such as the Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, and Boston's famous shopping destination, Newbury Street.
- Newport: Experience warmth and character at the boutique Hotel Viking, registered with the Historic Hotels of America.
- Sandwich: Visitors to the boutique Dan'l Webster Inn are treated to the romance of the past, combined with today's conveniences.
- Harbor View Hotel, Martha's Vineyard. The refined Harbor View Hotel embodies timeless character with modern comforts.
- Cape Cod: While the views and sunsets are fabulous at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel, so are the facilities and warm hospitality of the staff.
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and North End.
- Boston: See Boston's red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Travel Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Sandwich: There's something for everyone at the Heritage Museums and Gardens - a fascinating complex of Americana museums, located within a 100-acre garden setting.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore. Taste the goodness of Massachusetts' number one agricultural commodity crop at a cranberry bog.
- Martha's Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its 'gingerbread cottages' and tour the island.
- Nantucket Island: Take an excursion to this idyllic island, characterized by cobblestone streets and lighthouses.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (631) 757-8500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14607980
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Boston, the Cradle of Liberty.: Welcome to Boston, described by many as the most European city in the U.S. You can expect a thriving art scene, delicious of seafood delicacies and plenty of charm! On arrival, you'll transfer from Boston Logan International Airport to your downtown hotel, the Hyatt Regency Boston. You are just steps from Boston's most desirable area-attractions such as the Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, and Boston's famous shopping destination, Newbury Street. A 10 to 15 minute walk will bring you to the South End, Back Bay or the Charles River Esplandade. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 2||Boston||Historic Boston.: Explore the city with your Travel Director and learn about the city's transformative past. You'll follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings the story of the American Revolution to life. Sights include Boston Common, the Old Corner Bookstore and the Bunker Hill Monument in Charlestown.View the colourful neighbourhoods of Back Bay and historic North End, otherwise known as Boston's Little Italy. Make sure you try the neighbourhood's famous canolis and grab yourself some of the best espresso in town. From hitting the shops to exploring the area's art galleries and patio cafes, the rest of the day is free to pursue your own interests. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Newport||Newport, the Queen of Summer Resorts.: South of Boston is Rhode Island, America's smallest state, but no less packed with big league attractions. Its star player is the elegant town of Newport, lined with the Gilded Age mansions of America's wealthiest families. Visit the Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer cottages and a symbol of the Vanderbilt family's social and ?nancial pre-eminence during the late 19th century. The seaside city is also famous for being the home of the America's Cup for more than 50 years and is known as the Sailing Capital of the World. Explore in nautical style onboard the Adirondack II, an 80-foot (24 metre) schooner, as you cruise around the coastline. You'll sail out and pass some of the nearby islands, old historical buildings and homes of the rich and famous, as you learn about the region's exciting history, including its pirate activity. In the evening, enjoy dinner at 22 Bowens Wine Bar and Grill, before heading back to your boutique hotel, registered with the historic hotels of America. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Viking, Newport.
|Day 4||Sandwich||On to Sandwich.: In the morning, travel back in time and visit the stunning New Bedford Whaling Museum, where a Local Expert will enlighten you on the extensive impact whaling had on the region. See the Lagoda, the largest model ship in the world, along with many other exhibits, including an elaborate scrimshaw collection, as well as the material that inspired author Herman Melville to pen the classic novel, 'Moby Dick'. Move on to the serene town of Sandwich, the oldest town on Cape Cod. Here you'll ?nd the Heritage Museums and Gardens, where in one beautiful location, you'll ?nd sweeping lawns, stunning gardens, a windmill, art gallery, the museum of Americana and a unique collection of antique cars. Close by lies the Sandwich Glass Museum where you will experience the techniques of the English and Irish glassmakers. Founder Deming Jarvis developed these during the early 19th century. Continue exploring or head back to your boutique spa hotel, as the rest of the day is yours at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Dan'l Webster Inn and Spa, Sandwich.
|Day 5||Martha's Vineyard||Martha's Vineyard, a Presidential Paradise.: Board the Vineyard Haven this morning to Martha's Vineyard. Home to pristine sandy beaches, outdoor attractions and heavenly harbour towns, this summer hangout is no stranger to presidential visits. The island has hosted the Clintons and the Obamas, while the former U.S. First Lady, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, maintained a home here. After disembarking, make your way to Oak Bluffs, known for its rainbow-coloured, gingerbread-like cottages with gothic storybook decorations, high-peaked roofs, and dainty verandas. You'll also find the oldest operating platform carousel in America here. Get acquainted with the island accompanied by your driver guide, before reaching your hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Harbor View Hotel, Martha's Vineyard.
|Day 6||Nantucket Island||Nantucket Island.: Depart Hyannis in style on a high-speed catamaran for the picturesque island of Nantucket. Not only has it retained the charm of a bygone era, it is one of the most exclusive coastal communities in the U.S. During your visit, take in the beauty of the antique cobblestone streets, lined with high- end boutiques and breathtaking architecture. The simple homes date back to its whaling days which also in?uenced much of the culture on the island. In the past, the style of home directly correlated to a whaler's ranking. Return to the mainland in the late afternoon to relax at your beachfront hotel. (Breakfast)|
Sea Crest Beach Hotel, North Falmouth (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 7||Cape Cod National Seashore, Provincetown and North Falmouth||Cape Cod National Seashore, Provincetown and North Falmouth.: Depart this morning for an excursion to the Cape Cod National Seashore, which encompasses much of the Outer Cape. Travel to the extreme tip of Cape Cod, to Provincetown. This small coastal resort is known for its beaches, cool boutiques, restaurants and art galleries, giving it a fresh, fun vibe. Meet your new friends in the evening for a seafood Celebration Dinner with wine, where you can share the highlights of your trip. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Boston||Berries, Bogs and Back to Boston.: As one of the few fruits native to North America, it is said that the cranberry is more American than apple pie. Delve further into its history as you meet a local cranberry bog farmer, who will share his knowledge, as well as some of the all-American berries with you. It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as you return to Boston. For those heading home there will be complimentary transfers to Boston Logan International Airport, arriving at 14:00. Alternatively, you may return to the Hyatt Regency Boston if you wish to extend your stay. (Breakfast)|
|Day 9||Boston||Depart Boston.: Welcome to your Holland America Line Canada & New England Discovery cruise for a voyage along the Canada and New England coasts. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Holland America Line - MS Zaandam or MS Amsterdam.
|Day 10||Bar Harbor||Bar Harbor, Maine.: Continue south to Bar Harbor, a quintessential New England coastal town on Mount Desert Island that serves as the gateway to Acadia National Park. This retreat for outdoorsy types offers freshwater lakes, rugged clifftops, forests and striking mountains. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 11||Halifax||Halifax, Nova Scotia.: Today you'll head to Halifax, a maritime destination which offers a perfect mix of sea breezes and cultural charm. The ramparts of the citadel defending the city await you here. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 12||Sydney||Sydney, Nova Scotia.: Cruise past the Highlands of Nova Scotia to the port of Sydney, where lighthouses stand on cliff-side ledges and tiny villages huddle in rocky inlets. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 13||Prince Edward Island||Prince Edward Island.: Call in at Charlottetown where red double-decker buses motor along streets lined with regal Victorian houses. This picturesque city is perfect for walks along the harbour and taking a moment at one of its many coffee shops. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 14||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence.: The Gulf of Saint Lawrence fringes the shores of half the provinces of Canada and is defined by stunning coast line and beautiful islands, including Prince Edward Island and the Magdalen Islands. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 15||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence.: Continue on to Quebec City. Set atop sheer cliffs and with a strong French influence both in its culture and architecture, this elegant city comes with plenty of charm. Take the funicular steps down to the Lower Town where you'll see Notre Dame des Victoires, the Petit Champlain district and the port. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 16||Montreal||Disembark in Montreal.: Your trip ends in the old-world French city of Montreal. A departure transfer to Montreal International Airport is provided. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking. Guests that book an Ocean View Stateroom or Vista Suite by February 28th, 2020 will receive a Shipboard Credit of $25 p.p. for Ocean View & $50 p.p. for Vista Suites.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class