Brochure Type: 2020 Europe & Britain Preview
Morocco is a colourful mix of Islamic, Arabic and African influences. Spain and France have left their marks too. This unique travel experience includes a stay in Essaouira and at the amazing Berbere Palace Hotel in Ouarzazate.
- Fes: Join in the fun at a colourful Moroccan feast, complete with rhythmic music, writhing belly dancers and an array of local dishes and delicacies.
- Dades Valley: Stop at a traditional Nomad house and meet the locals as you try Berber tea.
- Casablanca: You must remember this...a fabulous 4-course Celebration Dinner with drinks at Rick's Cafe, made famous by the 1942 film.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Fes: The Palais Medina & Spa is set in a 5-hectare Andalusian garden, with the perfect alliance between tradition and modern luxury.
- Erfoud: Erfoud is known as the Door to the Desert. The Kasbah Hotel Xaluca is unique having been built with adobes, the traditional Moroccan building bricks, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the moment.
- Ouarzazate: The recently renovated Le Berbere Palace offers 5-star luxury suites to all guests, along with fine food and a delightful swimming pool.
- Essaouira: Located beachfront in Essaouira, the Atlas Essaouira & Spa features two swimming pools, a fitness centre and a spa with hammam.
- Casablanca: See the Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche.
- Rabat: See the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower.
- Fes: Explore the Medina with your Local Expert. Walk through the souks and pass one of the world's oldest universities.
- Fes: Witness local artisans using long-standing techniques to create pottery and khobz, the traditional local bread and a staple to any Moroccan meal.
- Rabat: Visit the Mohammed V Mausoleum, a masterpiece of traditional Moroccan art and one of the very few Islamic religious buildings open to non-Muslims.
- Meknes: Admire the Bab el-Mansour Gate on Place El-Hedim in the heart of the Medina.
- Erfoud: Enjoy the beauty of this little oasis with the back drop of the Sahara desert whilst you explore the red walled streets.
- Todra Gorge: Explore this fascinating ravine caused by a fault that has split the orange-coloured limestone as deep as 300 meters.
- Dades Valley: See the castellated mud houses and oases.
- Ouarzazate: Learn more about this quiet town in a city orientation and see why it has been the back drop to many films as you wander its red sandy streets.
- Ait Benhaddou: The Ksar is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the finest examples of South Moroccan architecture. See the crowded houses within the defensive walls that are reinforced by the corner towers and explore one of Morocco's finest kasbahs.
- Marrakesh: Your Local Expert leads you from bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, through the Medina to Koutoubia Mosque, with its notable minaret.
- Marrakesh: Built around a lovely inner garden, explore the Bahia Palace and see glimpses of a Moroccan kingdom's former opulence.
- Essaouira: See the beauty of this bohemian coastal town as you explore the many spice-scented streets of the medina.
- Scenic Drives: Travelling Morocco is all about the senses. Take in the ever changing scenery of the Middle Atlas Mountains, Azrou, the Ziz Gorges, Tinehir and the Dades Valley. Travel along the Road of a Thousand Kasbahs, Tizi n'Tichka Pass and the African North-West Coast.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned coach.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (631) 757-8500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14607912
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Casablanca||Welcome to Casablanca.: On arrival at Casablanca airport, your transfer leaves for your landmark city hotel at 09:00, 11:00, 13:00 or 15:00. Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at 18:00 for your Welcome Dinner, with the opportunity to mingle over a pleasant evening of good food and wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Mogador City Center, Casablanca.
|Day 2||Fes||Imperial Meknes, Rabat and Fes.: An exploration of the sights of Casablanca will show you the huge Hassan II Mosque, the largest in the country. Venture to the tres chic seaside strip known as the Corniche, which stretches to the west and is lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Depart for the capital of Rabat to see the Royal Palace, Hassan Tower and visit one of the few holy places open to non-Muslims, the lavish Mausoleum of King Mohammed V which is both an architectural marvel and a monument to a great ruler. Travel to Meknes, one of the kingdom's great imperial cities dating back to the 11th century; its surroundings have remained unchanged for centuries. Stand before the Bab el-Mansour, the monumental entrance to the imperial city and focal point of Place El-Hedim before continuing to Fes. You'll be delighted with your superb Moroccan Highlight Dinner in an ancient palace at the entrance to the Medina. A colourful array of meze plates, aromatic tagines, exotic fruits and wine will be laid before you while you are entertained with a traditional folklore show. Enjoy the carnival-like atmosphere of belly dancers, drums and authentic music -- a truly unforgettable experience! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Palais Medina & Spa, Fes.
|Day 3||Fes||Fes Sightseeing.: Led by your Local Expert, wander the maze of streets that make up the ancient Medina. Pass one of the world's oldest universities and see the hidden courtyards, mosques and workshops. Continue through the souks where an array of vendors sell food, clothes, leather goods and beautiful lights. Learn about the ancient craft of carpet making, witness age-old techniques of pottery making and learn how khobz, the traditional local bread, is made. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Palais Medina & Spa, Fes.
|Day 4||Erfoud||The Ziz Gorges to Erfoud.: Leave the bustle of the city behind and head for the spectacular snow-capped High Atlas Mountains. Pass through Ifrane before reaching the great cedar forests of Azrou. After stopping for lunch at Midelt, continue through the magnificent Ziz Gorges, past palm-fringed towns to Er Rachidia, built by the French at an important crossroads. Your destination is Erfoud, where the red sand buildings contrast against the patches of greenery and surrounding desert. In the evening, there is an Optional Experience to meet the nomadic desert dwellers and marvel at the glorious Sahara sunset on a four-wheel drive vehicle. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Kasbah Hotel Xaluca Arfoud, Erfoud.
|Day 5||Ouarzazate||Spectacular Ouarzazate.: Venture towards the oasis of Tinehir and explore the Todra Gorge, known as the Grand Canyon of the Sahara. At Boumalne-du-Dades you will encounter the dry, rugged Dades Valley that is dotted with oases of figs, olives, date palms and castellated mud houses hugging the slopes. Meet the locals of the region when you visit a traditional Nomad house to try authentic Berber tea. The Road of a Thousand Kasbahs concludes at Ouarzazate. It is known as the Film Capital of Morocco, with blockbusters such as Lawrence of Arabia to Star Wars having been filmed here. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Le Berbere Palace, Ouarzazate.
|Day 6||Marrakesh||To Marrakesh.: Visit the fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ksar of Ait Benhaddou, one of the finest examples of South Moroccan architecture, boasting one of Morocco's finest kasbahs. Your journey continues via the spectacular Tizi n'Tichka Pass, before descending past charming mountain villages, dense woods and green fields to the ochre-coloured city of Marrakesh. With the rest of the day at your leisure, why not relax and enjoy the immaculate facilities of your hotel? (Breakfast)|
Movenpick Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech.
|Day 7||Marrakesh||Marrakesh, Pearl of the South.: Meet your Local Expert in the bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, where you can take a moment to watch the dancers, snake charmers, storytellers and acrobats. Explore the Medina and see the Koutoubia Mosque, with its minaret dominating the Marrakesh skyline. Visit the intricately decorated Palais Bahia, intended to be the greatest palace of its time when it was built in the late 19th century. With time at leisure, you are free to continue exploring, try your hand at haggling in the souks or maybe visit a museum? In the evening, perhaps choose to take a charming horse and carriage ride to a vibrant restaurant on Jemaa el-Fnaa Square where you will enjoy a slew of classic Moroccan dishes as you absorb the ambiance and watch twirling belly dancers balance plates of lit candles on their heads. (Breakfast)|
Movenpick Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech.
|Day 8||Essaouira||Elegant Essaouira.: Venture to the west coast of Africa to reach the laid-back fishing town of Essaouira. After checking into your hotel, why not spend the afternoon navigating the narrow alleyways, exploring the busy fishing port or maybe just relaxing on the beach? In the evening, you could sample the local seafood and wine at a waterside restaurant. (Breakfast)|
Atlas Essaouira & Spa.
|Day 9||Casablanca||Return to Casablanca.: Once you've experienced the traditional charms of the country, Casablanca is a fascinating place to return to as it offers a unique insight into modern Morocco. In the evening 'of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world' there really is only one place to be. Join your Travel Director at Rick's Cafe, recreated from the famous movie. Enjoy a hearty Celebration Dinner with drinks and no doubt a rendition of 'As Time Goes By'. Here's looking at you kid! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Mogador City Center, Casablanca.
|Day 10||Casablanca||Au revoir Casablanca.: Departure transfers arrive at Casablanca airport at 05:00, 07:00, 10:00 and 12:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2020 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class