Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2019
Our Classic Mid-Atlantic adventure both surprises and delights. From chasing the bright lights in New York City to getting up close to the howling spray of Niagara Falls, get ready to experience an eclectic mix of cultures across ten enlightening days. You'll stay at the best addresses, including the esteemed Mayflower Hotel. This elegant joint has been dubbed Washington D.C.'s second-best address, after the White House no less. Meanwhile, award-winning dinners will keep you fueled throughout your journey, as you enjoy upscale twists on some tasty classics.
- Pittsburgh: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at LeMont, where delicious cuisine is complemented by breathtaking city views.
- Niagara Falls: At a Highlight Dinner, an unforgettable evening of fresh local cuisine awaits, paired with the region's most renowned beverage, ice wine.
- Philadelphia: Choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- New York: Toast to new friends and fond memories during your Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Gettysburg: Gain a deeper understanding of the infamous battle and major turning point in the Civil War with a Local Expert.
- Punxsutawney: Meet a member of the 'Inner Circle' and learn about the town's weather-predicting groundhog.
- Lancaster: Step back in time to gain a fascinating insight into the lifestyle of the Pennsylvania Amish with a Local Expert.
- New York: Dine in the home of a local with your EatWith host and hear about their life in Manhattan in the city that never sleeps.
- New York: Explore the highlights of the city with your Local Expert.
- Washington, D.C.: At the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, you'll stay just half a mile from the White House.
- Pittsburgh: The Omni William Penn is a classic hotel with a modern twist.
- Niagara Falls: Insight ensures you don't miss out on scenic locations. The Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa hotel is situated closest to the falls and each room has stunning views.
- Lancaster: The Lancaster Arts Hotel features deluxe accommodation all decorated by local Pennsylvania artists, and displays some of Lancaster's finest works of art.
- New York: For city center hotel locations, the Marriott Marquis is unmatched, set in New York City's Times Square.
- Washington, D.C.: Your 'monumental' tour includes the Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial. See the The White House and Capitol.
- Niagara Falls: Greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls, on-board your cruise. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Corning: At the Corning Museum of Glass, watch artisans at work and sandblast your own keepsake.
- New York: View Manhattan's skyscrapers, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty from your harbour cruise.
- Philadelphia: View Independence Hall and visit the Liberty Bell. Explore the Independence National Historic Park.
- New York: During your guided tour see the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and Central Park.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (631) 757-8500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14376995
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Washington, DC||A Monumental Time in Washington, D.C.: Welcome to Washington, D.C., the nation's capital and a haven for history and art buffs alike. On arrival at the airport, your transfer will take you to your luxurious hotel, proclaimed by President Truman to be Washington, D.C.'s 'Second Best Address', after the White House. At 18:00 join your Travel Director and meet fellow guests at a private Welcome Dinner with drinks, based at your hotel. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington, D.C.
|Day 2||Washington, DC||Washington, D.C. Sightseeing.: In the morning, head out for a day of learning, as you're taught about the proud heritage of a nation. View the White House, striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the somber World War II Memorial. The rest of the day is at leisure, so if you feel like brushing up on your American history, head back to the National Mall where you'll find an array of museums, most of which are free. These include the National Gallery of Art and National Air and Space Museum. (Breakfast)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington D.C.
|Day 3||Pittsburgh||Gettysburg and Pittsburgh.: Depart for the now peaceful town of Gettysburg. Cannons blazing, trumpets sounding - your Local Expert will reveal it all at the site of one of the Civil War's most pivotal battles. Just four months after the historic struggle, the battlefield was the backdrop for Abraham Lincoln's call for 'a new birth of freedom' in his famed Gettysburg Address. Move on to Pittsburgh, otherwise known as the 'City of Bridges', and a creative hub well-known for its museums, parks, and delectable food. You will enjoy a Highlight Dinner at the award-winning, upscale eatery, LeMont, a place famous for its live music lounge and tasty food classics with a twist. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Omni William Penn, Pittsburgh.
|Day 4||Niagara Falls||American Folklore in Punxsutawney.: Travel to the rural town of Punxsutawney to learn first-hand about an important part of American folklore. The town is most famous for its resident groundhog, Phil. Every year he emerges from his burrow and predicts whether the U.S. will have more months of winter or an early spring, based on whether or not he sees his shadow. Meet with a member of the 'Inner Circle', a small group of local dignitaries and business leaders who act as Phil's caregivers throughout the year. Cross the Canadian border to arrive at Niagara Falls, where your hotel overlooks the majestic Horseshoe Falls in all its glory. Satisfy your palate with a night of culinary delights on a Highlight Dinner at a family-owned winery. Cool down with their award-winning wines, including ice wine - a regional speciality, made from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine. You'll also sample some of Niagara's local cuisine created with seasonal ingredients. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa.
|Day 5||Niagara Falls||Niagara Up-Close.: View thundering Niagara Falls during a thrilling cruise to the base of the cascades. Later, you'll have time to relax and indulge as you browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake, a place recognized for its tree-lined streets, charming old world buildings, and wineries. (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Lancaster||On to Lancaster.: Make your way to the Corning Museum of Glass, where you can learn about the art, history, culture, technology, science, craft, and design that tells the riveting story of the museum's single material, glass. Sandblast your own keepsake before watching master artisans at work. Head to Pennsylvania's creative centre, Lancaster, and end your day at the Lancaster Arts Hotel, which houses striking works of art from local Pennsylvania artists in every room. (Breakfast)|
Lancaster Arts Hotel.
|Day 7||Philadelphia||The Amish Country and Philadelphia.: Roll back in time and explore the rural back roads of Pennsylvania's Lancaster County with a Local Expert. Learn about the fascinating, traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same as they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Then it's on to Pennsylvania's largest city, Philadelphia. (Breakfast)|
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
|Day 8||New York||A Bite of the Big Apple.: Walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia. Amid 'America's most historic square mile', view Independence Hall, visit the Liberty Bell, and spend some time on your own exploring Independence National Historic Park. Follow the bright lights to New York City. Here you'll enjoy a harbour cruise for glittering views of Manhattan's skyline, Ellis Island, and the towering Statue of Liberty.This evening, experience a home-cooked meal and immerse yourself in local flavors with your EatWith host. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
New York Marriott Marquis.
|Day 9||New York||Exploring N.Y.C.: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Expert. See the Empire State Building and the mirrored peak of the Art Deco Chrysler Building as you admire one of the world's most iconic skylines. For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock - the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building - for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan. If it's tranquillity you're after, relish the calm of Central Park, an expansive space designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. At night, join your Travel Director for a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||New York||Depart New York City.: It's time to say goodbye to the Empire State. A morning transfer will take you to JFK International, LaGuardia Airport or Newark Liberty International Airport for your flight home. Alternatively, if you would like to see more of New York, extend your stay at your own pleasure. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Sat 15 Sep and Sat 06 Oct departures will operate as per the 2018 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class